My homeland is as diverse as it is beautiful. Reasons abound as to why South Africa is increasingly becoming a destination of choice for international travelers. Below are some of the things that ensure my heart will always remain, Proudly South African:
1. The people’s spirit of Ubuntu (human kindness)
2. The cable car ride up Table Mountain
4. River Cruises amongst crocodiles and hippos at The St. Lucia Estuary
5. Big 5 Viewing at any of South Africa’s amazing national parks
7. Durban’s skyline since the new stadium was built
11. Driving along the Garden Route
12. Wine tastings in Franschhoek
13. The slang! A mixture of several language influences – it’s in a class of its own!
14. Sunsets at Signal Hill
16. The weather – hot summers and generally mild winters
17. Bunny Chows, Koeksisters and Potjiekos
18. Sweeping views from the top of Table Mountain
20. Cozy chalets in the Drakensburg region
21. A glass of Pinotage with dinner
“I believe that South Africa is the most beautiful place on earth. Admittedly, I am biased but when you combine the natural beauty of sunny South Africa with the friendliness and cultural diversity of our people, and the fact that the region is a haven for Africa’s most splendid wildlife, then I think that we have been blessed with a truly wonderful land.” – Nelson Mandela.